Monday, December 21, 2009

Days of the Week

So does anybody else recall the Mother Goose Poem regarding the day of the week on which children are born?

It goes like this:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child that is born on the
Sabbath Day is blythe and bonny and good and gay.

In my thrift store story books, I found the poem along with illustrations. I thought I'd scan these in and see if I could make a nice plaque out of the illustration and rhyme for each day.



Thanks to this lovely site, http://www.bethanyroberts.com/MondaysChildIsFairofFace.htm --You can check out which day you were born!


I found out that I'm Thursday's child, so in honor of all Thursday's children --here's the artwork:

My sweet husband was a child born on the Sabbath Day... of course, because he's such a joy.

Much like this little girl:


Kyle's dad, who was over at my house helping me hang curtains.. as I was working on this post is Friday's child (of course!)




These illustrations are great for lots of different artwork ideas.

Fun!!


Question: On what day of the week were you born, and do you feel that you fit the description?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template PingooIgloo by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP